Tired of stressful work and boredom during holidays? Maybe its time you get a fun and exciting hobby! Why not go to a Boating School? Boating is one of the most fun and thrilling hobby that you can learn. It is a plus that you’re stepping up your recreational activity and it will help you unwind, remove your stress and it is even healthy for you since you can do exercises and you’ll get fresh air, some things you cannot get from the city. Of course, if you want to be a boater and own your own vessel, you’ll need to get a Recreational Skippers Ticket. The RST is a license-like certificate that will allow you to be a certified boater. Getting the RST may be easier than you think, you just have to enroll at Sea Safe Boat School!
Sea Safe Boat School is one of the best boating school. After you graduate with one of our courses, you’ll be able to get your very own Recreational Skippers Ticket and you can call yourself a certified boat handler. You can also own a boat and get your own crew and have fun traveling the seas! Other than boating, there are also other activities that you can do that will serve as your exercise and will give you health benefits like swimming and fishing or just lying by your boat and let the waves sway you to serenity. But when you go boating, you have to make sure that you know certain aspects of boating like the safety measures, boating operation, boat maintenance and radio handling.
What Will A Boating School Teach You
The Safety Measures
- Safety is very important. You have to know your responsibility as a boater, your duties and you should also know how to use the safety equipment. It is important that you know how to use the safety equipment since it will be essential during emergencies. If you were to bring a crew, then you should also educate them about the safety equipment. Safety is very important.
- Of course, you should know how to properly handle your boat. If you don’t know what you are doing, then you wouldn’t enjoy boating. This is why you are required to get the Recreational Skippers Ticket as it is a certificate that proves you are knowledgeable with regards to boating.
- Knowing how the radio works can also be a great help. You can use it to communicate with other boaters and get updates about the weather. You can also use the radio to call for rescue during emergency situations.
Knowing these things will surely help you enjoy your boating school! If you want to learn boating and get your recreational skippers ticket at a Boating School, enroll now at Sea Safe Boat School! Contact us at 0418923004!
Before we go to what Recreational Skippers Tickets (RST) offers are, first let’s define what it is. Any of you guys have an idea what it is? Well, First of all, Recreational Skippers Ticket is a certificate of competency which is nationally recognized. It shows the basic knowledge on how to operate a powerboat safely. Of course, it also includes the practical skills which are needed. And one more thing, did you know that the minimum age to obtain an RST is 14 years old? So what are you waiting for? Get your own RST now and learn the basic knowledge and skills to drive a powerboat! Let’s check out what Sea Safe Boat School has to offer.
Recreational Skippers Ticket | Sea Safe Boating School Offers
Bronze Express Course
- Bronze Express Course is our basic express course which is designed for people who already have a little boating experience. And with only $149, you will be able to use our boat! Here, you will have to study the workbook and practical assessment comprehensively and methodically. The workbook and practical assessment include Radio procedures, boating rules and regulations, and of course, the safety of the crew and the passengers. With approximately 2 hours given, demonstrations will also be included. Interested to join with your friends? We also give a discount of $140 per person for a group booking of 3 or more. So come now and bring your friends!
- This course is the most popular course offered for beginners. With only $178, you can now learn boating with the use of our boat and all the necessary equipment. In this course, you will learn more advanced lessons like Trip planning, Radio procedures and logging on, Skipper and Crew responsibilities, boat handling, berthing alongside jetty, Controlled stopping, Fuel and cooling systems, Rules and regulations of boating and finally, the use of safety equipment. Of course, all these will be demonstrated by the instructor for 3 hours with no additional fees. If you want to invite your friends, the price would be $150 per person for group bookings of 3 or more.
- This course is given to and is most suitable for beginners or new boat owners who want to learn more and is interested with extra attention to details. All equipment which is necessary is given including the use of our boat for only $249. This course has lessons that cover all lessons from the Silver course, and some additional sessions including launch and recovery and a boat trip. The trainer, by completing theory and practical training, will make sure to make the trainee 100% competent and have him/her ready to obtain a Skippers ticket in Perth. This course is about # hours and for those who have 3 or more friends, the price will be $200 per person.
Note that all of these courses DO NOT have any hidden charges or boat fees.
Australia hosts have many lovely tourist destinations for different recreational activities: hiking, camping, road tripping, swimming, and one of their greatest points of pride: boating. It’s really understandable that boating is so famous here since there are vast beautiful bodies of water surrounding the country. That’s how their boating schools, boating courses, and of course, skippers license has gained popularity over the years and is still providing more and more attraction for Australia’s tourism. These recreational activities by the water guarantee a whole new level of fun and excitement.
Top 3 Best Recreational Skippers Ticket Destinations found in Queensland
If you love white sand, blue ocean water, fresh sea air, checking out reefs with Recreational Skippers Ticket or just sailing through wide beautiful water, then you’ll love Whitsunday Islands. Whitsunday Islands is one of the remarkable tourist spots that would take a miracle to be taken all in just a single visit. With its 150 islands and islets, mostly uninhabited and turned into well-kept national parks, it’s a place you can go to every vacation and still find something new in every visit. Seven of these islands have individual resorts boasting the naturally turquoise-colored water surrounding the whole group of islands.
One of their most highlighted destinations is the Whitehaven Beach. Located at the Whitsunday Island itself, which is the largest island in the area, Whitehaven Beach is labeled as the most popular destination of Whitsundays with Recreational Skippers Ticket. This beach covers 7 kilometers of tourist-filled fine white sand and fresh azure waters.
The water conditions can be quite challenging on some days but sheltered waterways are scattered to make certain a safe cruising.
Great Sandy Strait
The Great SandyStrait provides a great divider in between Fraser Island and the mainland with Recreational Skippers Ticket. It’s mostly a sheltered waterway providing excellent protection from windy and rainy weathers which can be present even in summer. Recreational skippers ticket owners usually come here and stay away from the city stress and pollution for days and even weeks if their lifestyle allows them to.
From the Great Sandy Strait, it’s easy to cruise through other great parts around the area. Platypus Bay, for one, is well-known for whale watching. Once a year, you get to enjoy seeing whales with their calves swimming home during their annual migration. The Fraser Island itself is also a great destination where you can enjoy stopping at some of the resorts, visit some of the fishing spots, and mingle with other boaters which are seldom few throughout the year.
Located between Brisbane and Gold Coast, Moreton Bay is famous for its remarkable anchorages like the Lucinda Bay, Sand Hills, Days Gutter, and the famous Tangalooma Wrecks. It is also closely surrounded with history islands and fishing spots which would definitely be enjoyed by any sea lovers.
The most secure and calm part of the bay is along the Gold Coast Broadwater. It is surrounded by a series of inhabited islands including Russell, Karragarra, Lamb, Macleay, and Coochiemudlo and is lined with several marinas and beautiful anchorages along the way. This waterway is so calm it gives a sense of security even to those with no skippers license, no matter where the wind is blowing from.
Take your courses now with Sea Safe’s boating school!
With your license and your boat, you can now discover more of the sea. How fun and exciting it is to spend your weekend in the sea. Make boating your new hobby now! Take the courses and training with Sea Safe’s Boating School, and aspire to become a skipper.
If you are interested to enroll at a Boating School, or you have some questions about the Recreational Skippers Tickets, give us a call at 0418 923 004. You may also visit us online today.