If you want to learn to sail Perth, the best, fastest and most effective way is to enrol at Sea Safe Boat School’s boating classes. At Sea Safe, you will be taught every detail about boating that will help you become a better boater. We provide the best and most professional training and sailing lessons Perth with our Master Skippers. We also pledge to help you have your very own Skippers Ticket.
Tired and bored of your usual family bonding? If you want to level up your bonding time with your family or friends, then you might want to learn to sail Perth for you to be able to treat give them a whole new experience. And when you do, Sea Safe Boat School is here to give you safe boating classes that will certainly help you in learning how to sail. First, let us give you some tips for learning to sail Perth.
Here are Beginner Sailing Tips if you want to Learn to Sail Perth
Choose calm and uncrowded waters
- If you’re a beginner at sailing, then one of the most important things to know and remember is to practice in ideal conditions of light winds and low traffic. You do not want to battle strong waves in your first time, that would not be a great idea. Always remember, safety first!
Choose a Small Boat
- It will be easier to learn to sail Perth if you have fewer lines and sails to handle so a smaller boat is more ideal as it will be more responsive and easier to manoeuvre. It will also be perfect for practice tests. Small boats are ideal for beginners because it is easier to manipulate. Don’t try to act cool and drive a large boat when you’re just starting, trust me it’s not cool at all.
Begin on a boat rigged with one sail
- Similar to choosing a small boat, it would be easier to start with a boat that is rigged with just one sail. This will make learning less complicated.
Follow the basic Safety Sailing Tips
- There are certain sailing basics for safe boating that you should know and remember no matter how expert with boating you are. The basics safety tips should include telling someone before you go out sailing, always bring a life jacket and other flotation devices and knowing how to swim. If you want to learn more about boating safety, you can read more tips from our blogs.
Research tide, wind and weather conditions.
- Always check weather forecasts before you go sailing. Knowing the weather forecast will prepare you for whatever the weather may bring. If you know the weather, you can prepare your things and bring enough and extra provisions, clothing and basic weather needs. Boating and sailing basics mean being prepared no matter what you encounter.
Be familiar with Sail Control
- The best sailors are the ones who are able to easily adjust sail settings for the best advantage of different wind and water conditions. In general, sails should be relatively flat when the wind is either very light or very strong.
Practice Makes Perfect
- You can’t teach yourself what you don’t know, in order to be good at something you have to learn it and keep practising the newly learned skill. Don’t be afraid to invest in sailing courses, research guides, and books and learn from experience. Remember that everything is made perfect if you try and practice harder.
Keep safe — Learn to Sail Perth!
Surely, there are other tips out there. The most important tip that you should remember among them is the safety tip. Of course, how can one enjoy the trip if danger is waiting ahead? Let’s not wait for it to come. Let’s do something before it happens. Have a safe trip always!
Sailing lessons Perth at Sea Safe Boat School for the best boat handling course for you, enrol now at our boating classes. For more information, contact us now at 0418923004!
Note, if you opt to have a VHF radio on your boat then you need to take a test to have a Marine radio licence.
You can also read our other articles about Tips before Launching your Boat, Application for the Skipper’s Ticket and Recreational Skippers Ticket.