A skipper is a person who has the ability and authority to operate a boating vessel. If you want to become a holder of the skippers ticket, the first step is to start spending time on boats and get used to it and see what boating is all about. It would help to spend time boating with experienced and professional people. Of course, if you want to be an advanced boater and skipper, you can enroll in different boating classes and schools such as Sea Safe Boat School.
Sea Safe is one of the leading boating schools that can help you get your very own Skippers Ticket . We have professional boaters who can train and teach you what they know about boating. You will also have hands on experience that will help you to better understand how boat driving goes. We give the best boating lessons that honors safety first before anything else as we give you an enjoyable learning experience.
Here are the Requirements if you want to get your own Skippers Ticket
Proof of Identity
- You will need to provide ONE proof of identity document, here are your options:
- Australian Driver’s License
- Australian Passport
- Proof of age Card
- Australian Defence force photographic identity card
- Federal or Western Australian police officer photographic identity card
- Marine certificate of competency carrying a photograph of the holder.
- If you have one of these then there are no other ID’s required. But if you are unable to provide any of the given documents, you can contact your provider of Skippers ticket and you may be able to work out an alternative arrangement.
Eye Sight Examination
- If the applicant do not have a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit, then he will be required to have an eyesight examination. The eye exam must be completed and filled out using the correct Department of Transport form. Non Department of Transportation forms will be most likely rejected by the department who are issuing the Skippers ticket. The eyesight test can be carried out by any medical professionals.
- No medical or fitness test is required. The medical declaration is a simple self-declaration, if you believe you have a medical condition that would and could affect your ability to safely and responsibly skipper a boat, then that’s where a medical examination will be required.
With these, you will be able to enjoy the activities of boating without worrying about safety issues. Be responsible and you’ll surely have fun. If you know your duties as a responsible Skippers Ticket Holder , your crew will trust and rely on you and you can reassure them of their safety. Remember, safety first!
If you want to know more about boating, Skippers Ticket and the Skipper’s Responsibilities, enroll now at Sea Safe Boat School. The best boating school in Australia! Contact us now at 0418923004!