Being alone in the middle of the sea will guarantee comfort and pure serenity but when you’re out alone at sea and trouble comes along, the first thing you’ll want to do is ask for help. But do you even know how to? More importantly, have you passed the Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency?
VHF radio is a vital part of a boat whether it is a recreational or a commercial boat. VHF radios are the two-way radios most commonly used by pleasure boaters and commercial ships in coastal and inland waters. They are essential for emergency situations, and are monitored 24 hours a day by the Coast Guard.
Requirements to apply for a Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency:
- Minimum prescribed age in years – 16; and
- You agree to sign a declaration on the application stating:
I certify that I have the ability to correctly send and receive messages by radiotelephony. To the best of my knowledge, the information given by me on this application is true and correct in every detail.
You also need to know that there are two (2) radio licenses:
- MROCP. This is a full marine license which includes VHF and radio. Mostly for commercial operators. This also requires you to do a lot of book reading.
- MROVCP. This is the most common operator gets. If passed, you will have a VHF license. This is also relatively easier than MROCP.
Both licenses are the same price and can be conducted at a boat ramp or you can meet with one of our invigilators at a common meeting place. The quiz usually takes about 20 minutes.
You can purchase the review materials for your Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency examinations here at Sea Safe Boat School.
A marine radio is found on all large ships and most of seafaring small crafts. The VHF Radio is mainly use on sea vessels to avoid collisions and also used for emergencies and during rescue missions. But to be able to use the vhf radio, the Skipper should have the Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency . The certificate of proficiency is basically the license that allows you to use the radio.
If you want to get your own Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency , then you should enroll at a boat driving school. Not only will you know how to handle a boat at sea, you will also learn how to handle the vhf radios and can use it for your safety. Sure boating is fun but for boating to stay fun, you also need to know everything about boating so that you can always be safe while enjoying.
Sea Safe Boat School is one of the leading boat driving academies in Australia. We have great boating classes with basic to advanced lessons and we even customize the classes to make lessons that suits your needs. We make sure that our lessons will be fun and exciting so that our students can already enjoy boating while learning.
Here are Ways to get the Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency
If you want to earn the certificate of proficiency, you can either choose to study or attend a course offered by a training provider.
- If you choose to study for your certificate examination, you should obtain the Marine Radio Operators Handbook. Most of the examination questions are based on material contained in the Marine Radio Operators Handbook. The handbook contains the syllabus for each of the certificates that is relevant for the study of the qualification. If you have studied the handbook well and did your research, you may take the examination.
Attending a Course
- If you choose to attend a course, you should first make inquiries about the training courses that are available in your area. The training courses may vary depending in the terms of scope of lessons and the cost of the course. But before you enroll in the course, make sure that you are prepared to take the course.
Sea Safe Boat School offers great courses with the most competitive costs. You can learn boating, earn your very own Skipper’s ticket and get your Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency .
Get your Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency at Sea Safe Boat School now! For details, contact us at 0418923004!