Hi there! Have you ever imagined yourself driving a boat? If you have, let us make it possible. Go and learn boating now to get your very own Sailing License Australia. The Sailing License Australia is a qualification based on a set of competencies that have been adopted by all government marine safety authorities in Australia to contribute and to promote the safe use of waterways and awareness of the boating safety. The assessment of these competencies is divided into two sections, the theory and practice. Where to get this? Let Sea Safe Boat School help you!
Sea Safe Boat School is one of the leading providers of great boating classes where you can get your own Recreational Sailing License Australia. If you are planning to enter boating schools to get your Sailing License Australia, you should first know all about it and how to get it. It is a good foundation that you know everything about it; it’s purpose, how to get it, etc.
Here’s what you should know about the Sailing License Australia
Who has to have one?
- A person that should hold an RST is someone who is in charge of a recreational vessel propelled by a motor greater than 6 hp ( 4.5kW ). and any person who is interested in sailing a boat and being the captain.
Is there an Age Limit?
- People that are older than 14 years of age may hold a Recreational Skippers Ticket Maylands. RST Holders aged from 14 but under 16, however, are restricted to operate during daylight hours and at a speed not exceeding 8 knots. Safety first!
How to Get the RST?
- To be able to obtain the recreational Skippers Ticket Maylands, you must have your knowledge and skills assessed by an RST authorized assessor. The assessment will cover the theoretical and practical areas.
- A 40 question multiple choice paper will assess your knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations, collision avoidance, navigation lights, maintenance, safety equipment, safe operations, and emergencies. You will need to get at least 34 questions correct before progressing to the practical assessment.
- The practical assessment will take about 30 minutes and will require you to demonstrate a well-conducted boating trip, including preparation and boating maneuvering. The specific task that will be assessed includes operating the vessel within the marine safety rules and regulations throughout the assessment; checking the condition of the vessel’s berthing and mooring equipment and securing the vessel, conducting a safety briefing for all on board; preparing and starting the motor safely; logging a voyage plan; safely departing; determining your position by using navigational marks, transits and other landmarks; performing a controlled stop; and finally logging off.
Get your RSL now!
An applicant will be able to undertake only one practical assessment per day. If he fails, booking for another assessment on a different day is required. You can avoid failing though, especially if you learn from the best school such as Sea Safe Boat School. We will see to it that you get the best training and best knowledge with regards boating.
With Sea Safe Boat School, wipe your worries and anxieties away! You are safe and sound with us. It is a fun learning environment, and so, you will never get bored of us. Plus, you get to learn a lot from hands-on experiences. Let them be your unforgettable experiences!
Now that you know how to get the Recreational Sailing License Australia, you can get your own! For more information, contact us now at 0418923004!