Are you finally on your way to getting that dream boat of yours? Before you go and search for cheap boats Perth online or around your neighborhood, it would be best to have at least a bit of knowledge about what you’re buying. This is especially recommended if you are a first time buyer.
Having knowledge about cheap boats Perth can help you a guaranteed good quality for your boat. Although, this is not just about the boat’s quality and overall appearance. There are other factors you have to consider when shopping for boats.
Choosing the Right Cheap Boats Perth for You
Buy New or Used?
Buying used boats seems like a great idea especially for those who are looking for cheap boats Perth. You will get good boats for much cheaper prices. The obvious setback for this is the condition of the boat you are eyeing. Since it will be used, you will be unsure on how it will perform in your hands. Here are some things to look out for when buying used boats.
- Look out for cracks, even the small ones. It can get worse if left unfixed or unattended. Cracks longer than 2 inches can suggest a larger problem underneath. It can be the result of a collision, extensive repairs, and more.
- Check if the seats are loose. It can either be the result of rotten flooring, or it can also mean that the bolts have been stripped.
- Start the engine. Watch out for a rough start, noisy engines, or smoke. These usually suggest that a costly engine overhaul is just around the corner.
- Test the oil. If it feels gritty between your fingers, then it must be time to abandon ship.
Boats nowadays are built with better materials, thus better withstanding the test of time. However, buying new is still the way to go if you want everything to be fresh and new. It will be up to you, your budget, and your preferences when purchasing boats.
The Type of Boat for Your Needs
Choose a boat that will cater to the activities you will be doing. For example:
- Bass boats are typically used for freshwater fishing.
- Deck boats have an open deck feature and plenty of seating for a family.
- Flats boats are designed to navigate through shallow waters.
- Jon boats are also fishing boats but are perfect for the shallow waters.
There are more types of boats that will suit the type of activity you are seeking. Some boats are more expensive than the others due to their special design, but buying cheap boats Perth can always be an option, too. You just have to make sure that the used boat is still in good condition and won’t cause too many expenses.
Learn how to be the captain of your own boat today! Sea Safe Boat School is always open for anyone who wishes to brave the seas. Call us at 0418 923 004 for more information.